The new normal is something we are all adjusting to during this difficult time, and for many of us, this affects the way we commute. With limited public transport and social distancing measures still in place across many countries, it’s important to find new ways to travel. A popular solution to get from A to B has been traveling by bike! However, for some, a long-distance, steep hill, or health reasons may make this option seem out of reach. But, have no fear, the e-bike is here! For many, we think e-bikes could be the perfect answer and here are some reasons why.
Benefits of commuting by e-bike
- Power-assisted pedalling helps you travel further with less effort. This can make even those long or uphill journeys feel way more manageable.
- Many e-bikes have long-range batteries which means you won’t need to worry about losing charge en route.
- Parking issues? No problem! E-bikes can be locked up pretty much anywhere, just make sure you have a quality lock to deter thieves.
- Riding an e-bike is not only a great way to avoid public transport and comply with social distancing measures but it's also a great way to add some exercise to your daily routine. Despite common thinking, riding an e-bike can actually provide as much, if not more, exercise than a normal bike. This is due to many users taking them on longer rides as well as providing the option to switch between natural and assisted pedalling.
- Cycling can help to improve your mood so if you’re feeling down from being stuck indoors, getting out on an e-bike is a great way to get some fresh air, reduce stress, and release some feel-good chemicals in the brain.
We love riding e-bikes and we think you will too!
Share your stories with us on social media of how your e-bikes have helped you through lockdown and social distancing @BAFANGElectric.